One year. 375 days and 8765(ish) hours. One year is a long time, its practically a lifetime in CultureRun years! So much has happened and CultureRun has undergone some changes! We have been offline, we have been working on our website and we have come back, revamped and stronger than ever. Missed us? 🙂
We know you have 😀 (Modesty is not our forte!)
Whilst we were away we listened to your feedback and updated features on the website to make it even easier to peruse the site and sign up for ShareShops. In case you have been living under a rock, we have come back with a completely brand new site with new features and even a brand spanking new shiny logo! What are these new features we speak of?
1. CultureRun has always been an open platform for anyone who wants to teach a class with a passion to share their love for a certain skill. It has now become even more important for us to ensure that our ShareShops are of the highest quality, so that you, the participants, come away with an enjoyable learning experience armed with a new skill. As such, we are working towards becoming a fully curated marketplace of unique learning experiences. All Shareshops will now be going through our Community Team first for approval before being launched on the website. Teachers can expect to hear back from our team within 48 hours with feedback and suggestions.
CultureRun has additionally decided to become more stringent in terms of what types of learning experiences we can advertise on our platform. We therefore highly discourage any get-rich quick schemes, ‘teaser’ classes, tuition sessions and product pitches as ShareShops. All ShareShops conducted must teach skills in real-life allowing participants to walk away with the knowledge of something new, interesting and useful.
2. Expanding CultureRun is now becoming a huge part of what we are focusing on right now. We are in the midst of working on more features for the website so keep an eye peeled for them in the near future! In the meantime, we are continuing to expand upon our platform that seeks to inspire emerging and established skill providers. We especially encourage skills that are unique, practical, hands-on, creative and/or real world relevant. CultureRun has begun to talent scout ourselves for upcoming new talent. Our community is one that enjoys learning skills that are different and that expand their own world. If you think you have something to share with our community then what on earth are you waiting for?! Go on and sign up on the website and contact a member of our team now! We are always happy to hear from anyone who is interested in teaching a shareshop and are more than happy to assist you in any way we can!
3. Every month CultureRun will be working with relevant, up and coming, fun and interesting brands and personalities who want to contribute to the local community. These collaborations are the CultureRun Features and are a new way for you to enjoy Learning Experiences from well respected and/or interesting people. We have thus far worked with Samantha Lee (Celebrity Instagram Food Artist), Freda Liu (Producer and Presenter of BFM), Brian Chen (Masterchef Malaysia Finalist), Marianne Tan (Youtube Actress), Jared Lee (Founder of GRIM Film) and EPIC Homes to name a few.
4. Our website, if you haven’t already noticed, has undergone an extreme makeover! Our baby has grown up and we couldn’t be more proud! New features on the website include the review system which allows users to leave reviews for teachers whether they have attended a ShareShop (referred to as verified reviews) or whether they want to review the teacher in general (referred to as unverified reviews).
5. Teachers and participants now have a profile page that encourages users to build up their portfolio and reputation through collecting reviews after a shareshop has been taught. This allows participants to better understand their teachers and their skills. CultureRun has also installed a photo and video system on the site. Now, teachers can upload videos of themselves and their prospective shareshop to showcase their personality, skills and work! We actively encourage everyone to make these as unique and interesting as possible – think outside of the box!
So there you have it. It has been a long journey to get to this point. There have been changes within the company, the team and our lives. CultureRun has taken time to upgrade our site and our features and we hope that we continue to inspire each and every one of you to live out your dreams, learn new skills and to do something different with your time. We built up our small community back in 2011 and since then we have grown to include personalities, brands, venues, partners, participants and old friends. We have expanded our vision, tweaked a few things here and there and have gone outside our own comfort zone to provide you with the best experiences and ShareShops possible. None of this was possible without your support and participation!
You, our participants, teachers and partners have absolutely amazing and have given us the faith to continue to push CultureRun into new directions, new ventures and to new heights. You have surprised us with your faith and love in us and continue to do so daily! Meeting the teachers and participants, hearing their words of encouragement, satisfaction and love is what makes us wake up every morning with enthusiasm for the company. You are what makes CultureRun a joy to work for. As usual, we cannot thank you enough!